Travelling to Heidelberg Convention Centre
To ensure that your journey to Heidelberg is as climate-friendly as possible, we recommend using regional and local public transport.
From Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof to Convention Centre (using public transport)
Using public transport, the Convention Centre is approximately 15 minutes from Heidelberg main station (Hauptbahnhof). Bus lines 31, 32 and 35 travel directly to the Convention Centre (bus stop Kongresshaus). For more information on tickets and regional transport routes please refer to the Rhein-Neckar-Verkehr GmbH (regional transport service provider).
The Heidelberg Convention Centre can be reached via the A5/A656 motorway (Darmstadt-Karlsruhe-Basel); take exits: Heidelberg junction or Heidelberg-Schwetzingen. Then follow signs for ‘Stadthalle’ for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Car park P8 Kongresshaus with direct access (300 spaces)
Untere Neckarstraße 44, 69117 Heidelberg
- Car park P6 Kraus (200 spaces)
Untere Neckarstraße 2, 69117 Heidelberg
Further information on prices and opening hours can be found on www.heidelberg.de/parken
There are a number of airports near Heidelberg which are served by the usual airlines.
1) Frankfurt Airport (FRA) (approx. 80 km)
There are various options for travelling to Heidelberg from Frankfurt Airport, including two airport shuttle services and a train connection:
- To travel directly to the hotel of your choice, the TLS-Shuttle needs to be booked three days in advance here. Departure times are flexible. Once you have landed, simply go to the meeting point in the arrivals hall of the respective terminal. The journey to Heidelberg takes approximately 1 hour and costs €40 per person.
- The Frankfurt Airport shuttle service brings you from Frankfurt Airport to the Crown Plaza Hotel in Heidelberg. For this shuttle service, please book your transfer in advance online. Some departure times may only be booked in advance. The shuttle departs from terminals 1 and 2 and the journey takes approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. The cost for a one-way journey is €25, for a return journey €46. Early booking discounts are also available.
- Frankfurt Airport is directly connected to a long-distance train station. Simply follow the signs for the train station, which is about a 10-minute walk from terminal 1. If you arrive at terminal 2, you need to take the shuttle bus or the Sky Line to the station (approx. 25 minutes).
Once at the train station, take an ICE to Mannheim Hauptbahnhof (journey approximately 30 minutes). From Mannheim Hauptbahnhof, take the S3 towards Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof or the S4 towards Bruchsal and get off at Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof (approximately 15 minutes journey). From there, take bus lines 31, 32 or 35 to the Convention Centre (bus stop Kongresshaus). You can find departure times and buy tickets on www.bahn.de. Cost: tickets from around €20 when booked early enough in advance.
2) Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (FKB) (approx. 90 km)
From the airport, take bus line 234 or X34 to the final stop Rastatt, Bahnhof. From Rastatt take the regional express train (RE) to Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof and from there, change and take the S-Bahn to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof. The journey from the airport to Heidelberg takes about 2 hours. For more information and departure times see Fahrplanauskunft (timetable information) of the Deutsche Bahn. Cost: tickets from €14.90
3) Stuttgart Airport (STR) (approx. 120 km)
Stuttgart airport is connected to the rail network (S-Bahn/IC trains). Follow the signs in the airport for the S-Bahnhof Stuttgart Flughafen/Messe and take the S-Bahn to Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof (tief) (underground level). Go to ground level Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof (hoch) and from there take the IC or ICE to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof. The journey from the airport to Heidelberg takes about 1 hour 30 minutes. For more information and departure times see Fahrplanauskunft (timetable information) of the Deutsche Bahn. Cost: tickets from €19.90
4) City Airport Mannheim (approx. 15 km)
You can fly to City Airport Mannheim (MHG) from Berlin-Tegel (TXL), Hamburg (HAM) and Sylt (GWT). From the airport, take the Stadtbahn (urban railway) line number 5 (from the stop Neuostheim, 300 metres from airport) and travel 30 minutes to Heidelberg.